Thursday, June 20, 2013

Top 10 battles posts will be coming

I am going to be doing a series of articles about my Top 10 battles in History and before I start I want to set up what my prerequisites are for this series. I left out a number of battles that I have seen other declare number one and I have some battles that people are possibly not familiar with. My list of top ten battles is the battles that I believe are the most important to history, as in History could have been dramatically effected by this battle. For example I did not include the Battle of Berlin because if the Soviet Union had been forced to pullback or had instead just bypassed the city, Germany would still have lost the war at that stage of the war. This will of course mean that some battle will be lower or higher than some of you might think due to the weight that I believe these battle have had on human history. I hope to have a new battle each week, but I make no guarantees and I will post some battles that did not make my Top 10, but were ones that just missed the cut. I will tell you that doing 8-10 was the hardest ones to do as I had to weigh which battles should and should not make the cut. So first up will be The Battle Of Tours 732 A.D Tours, France. 
I will post it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment